They grow up so fast... life rushes past at such a furious pace sometimes. We get so busy just trying to get through a moment, that we look back and realize those moments are gone forever. This is an attempt to capture what we might otherwise miss during that "blink of an eye."

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Catching up...


I have been struggling to find user-friendly, easy to update ways to keep close family and friends connected with us.  For video clips and pictures, Facebook used to be my "go to," but it's gotten "bigger" than what I need just to provide quick updates.  So, I am trying my hand at blogging, which allows me to include a quick written update with the pics and video.  We'll see how this goes...




Trisha turns 16 on Thursday, and in preparation for that long-awaited trip to the Secretary of State office for her driver's license, takes her road test tonight.  It's much more complicated (read "expensive") than when I took driver's ed, but makes much more sense.  She is still young enough to want to make sure she looks cute for her license photo (us older and more cynical folks know that it's pointless to care what our photo looks like).  She is also trying out for JV Softball this week (every night), so I only see my husband as the lump in bed next to me at night...

Corynn turns 3 two weeks from today, and is so excited!  She has been talked about her "burpday" for a week or so now, LOVES getting cards in the mail (for her or anyone else), and is busy making stuff for her burpday party (stuffing all sorts of toys, crayons, etc. into baskets and bags to take to her party).  Her party is just two other girls going bowling with her, and sharing a purple flower cake - her choice.  I think I can actually make that!

Callie is 8.5 months, and can get everywhere in the house (bear in mind our house is really small) is 5 minutes or less, though is not *technically* crawling - she army crawls everywhere.  She also puts EVERTHING in her mouth the instant she gets her hands on it... But, she also sleeps 10-12 hours straight at night, so even though it's exhausting keeping up with her during the day, there's a solid reprieve at night.

We hope this finds everyone well, and cannot wait for warmer weather... it's time.  Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new enterprise! I appreciated the update and look forward to keeping up this way...maybe eventually we'll also get together in person. :-) God bless you and your busy family.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete