They grow up so fast... life rushes past at such a furious pace sometimes. We get so busy just trying to get through a moment, that we look back and realize those moments are gone forever. This is an attempt to capture what we might otherwise miss during that "blink of an eye."

Friday, May 17, 2013

Has it been more than a week since my last post?

Ok, so maybe once a month (-ish) is a more realistic goal for writing an update.

Spring, and really summer, is finally here!  We waited much too long this year - the girls had a trampoline up in the yard since the last week in March, but had to wait almost another month to use it (this video is from the 3 days in March that were actually tolerable, when Brian first put it up)...



Easter fell early this year, and somewhat blended into all of the birthdays from the month, but we had a great time at church and with family for Easter Sunday.



Any chance we had to get outside, we did.  They were fleeting...  I bought an infant swing for Callie from Craig's List (one of my favorite places to shop for kid's stuff), and let's just say she likes it!



April is also prom season, and Trisha (as a sophomore) was fortunate enough to go with her boyfriend to his senior prom.  It looks beautiful out, but it was actually in the 30's this day, and much of Grand Rapids was under water from the tremendous rains and flooding we had this spring.

          


At the end of April, I had an opportunity to "run away" for a long weekend.  I went to Pittsburgh, PA with 18 other ladies from church to the annual women's conference.  It was so nice to only have to take care of myself for 3 days... and nice of my hubby to take care of all 3 girls for the weekend so I could go!  I have never been to Pittsburgh, but it was amazing!  It reminded me a lot of Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg, TN because it was so mountainous, but we were only 5 minutes from downtown.  The buildings were really old too, and the architecture was gorgeous.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know some of the ladies better, and like that I have that common bond with them now.  Plus, I got to see Stephanie DeWard and her "new" 6 month old baby boy, Caleb.  Nope - didn't think to take a picture of us together.

            


April showers brought May flowers, and lots of grass that needed to be mowed, and dandelions, and 80 degree temps already!  I had to quickly dig out summer clothes for both girls and survey where there were gaps in their wardrobes, and start the fill in process.  Even though Callie is getting clothes worn by 2 others before her, there are still full sizes in a certain season missing (their birthdays were all separated enough that there must not have been any overlap!).

Here are the girls, circa 10 months and 37 months old.

               

The first week of May brought with it a nasty virus for both girls, in which the main symptom was a fever of 103-104 that lasted for almost a week, and was controlled by ibuprofen only.  Callie had it first, and Corynn got it the first day Callie was better.  Callie was so worn out, that she crashed right where she had been playing!

                                                    


My birthday and Mother's Day weekend was spent nursing sick children, and hiding inside from the cold and yucky weather.  I did get cupcakes (or "pup-takes" as Corynn calls them) for my birthday treat.  Trisha spent Mother's Day in bed... she did not get the Killer Fever, but had a nasty head cold and was just plain run down from an insane softball schedule so far.




I think that about catches us up!  Next weekend, we are headed to Torch to visit Gram and Gramps and then June is already almost here!  Trisha only has 3 weeks of school left, so is preparing for the travel softball team she was invited to be on, and finding her first real, grown up job.

Here are some parting shots... : )  Love to all!

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment